Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 238

Thread: Yami no Matsuei liscenced

  1. #21
    Inactive Member whuRu's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's official: Yami no Matsuei will be released "late September" and the American title will be "Descendents of Darkness: Yami no matsuei". (I don't know if I spelled that right...) Anyway, it probably won't be edited considering the fanbase, so I wouldn't worry about a bad job...

  2. #22
    Inactive Member clubanimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2004
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    odd, last time i checked the VIZ sight it said decendnetsof Darkness was to be released on the 18th of agaust

  3. #23
    Inactive Member whuRu's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I sent an email to them asking about it. It turns out they're releasing it late September to avoid any mishaps in editing or printing.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member MissFern's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess my only option is buying it off the Internet. Manga where I come from - Malaysia - is usually translated into Chinese. English-translated options are few.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member AniMajor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was at Otakon this past month, and when I went by the VIZ booth, they had a display copy of Descendants of Darkness out, which I tried to recreate. I know that they used the same picture as on the cover of the Japanese one, and the text was in script. It didn't look to bad. It kinda looked like this: http://www.geocities.com/animajor/Tsucover.txt

    <font color="#660033"><font size="1">[ August 22, 2004 02:44 PM: Message edited by: AniMajor ]</font></font>

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ August 22, 2004 02:44 PM: Message edited by: AniMajor ]</font>

  6. #26
    Inactive Member
    Yami no Matsuei liscenced


    Terra--kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2003
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No border to the image? I like the idea that the text is in a pretty script... a friend of mine mourned the DVDs because the supposedly "Clean" opening sequence still had the title overwritten with "Decendants of Darkness"

    I think it'd be better with a border.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member AniMajor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They also took the border off of Angel Sanctuary when they published it, so it makes sense for them to take the border off Yami no Matsuei. Of course, they might change the design at the last minute, so you never know. It'll take some getting used to, but I think the design looks okay.

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ August 23, 2004 01:32 PM: Message edited by: AniMajor ]</font>

  8. #28
    Inactive Member miyun's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2004
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah.. ._. they had that odd writing over the opening sequence in the DVDs.. i didn't like that font. script is better. ^^

    i don't think the cover's too bad... ._. i don't like what tokyopop does sometimes and makes a whole new cover for theire books. at least they're using the original image. ._.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member
    Yami no Matsuei liscenced


    Terra--kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2003
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well... actually I like what they did with the Fruits Basket Covers... Very nice. Add a bit more dimension to the images... And all of the original cover artwork is slipped into the book somewhere. (Front cover, back cover, inside front cover and inside back cover)

    But I only collect one Viz manga and I'm not familiar with the original version of PSME anyway.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member miyun's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2004
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As far as i'm concerned, they did do a good job on Fruits Basket. They added a few things to the cover image, but they used the same characters...

    I really didn't like what they did with Escaflowne, though. It looks like they scanned in random parts of the manga and messed around with it in photoshop... ._.;;

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •